You probably want to be more healthy, right? or
Get stronger? or
Get in better cardiovascular shape? or
Become a better athlete at your sport? or
Lose weight, shred fat off of your body? or
So what is holding you back? Better question is
“WHAT IS YOUR PLAN?”
Too many people out there embark on some half baked scheme to improve their physical situation and almost none of them have a solid plan.
Joining a gym is not having a plan. Shopping for food in the healthy section is not having a plan. Buying a new Pilates DVD is not having a plan. Those all may be aspects of some said plan, but they are not a plan. A plan gets you moving in the right direction EVERY SINGLE DAY. From the time you wake up, to the time you go to bed, your plan is always in action. A plan dictates what you eat, when you eat it, how you prepare the food and even why you are doing it. A plan tells you how to workout, when to work out and why you are working out. A plan keeps you honest and disciplined. No one has ever had lasting success in anything without a solid plan. The better the plan, the better the success.
So what are you waiting for? Get a plan.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Write down ALL of your fitness and health related goals. Review these goals daily and for added compliance, share your goals with someone else.
- Find someone in the know to help you formulate a plan.
- If you need nutrition advice, find someone that understands nutrition, knows nutrition and gets results personally and with others.
- Find someone that knows and understands working out, and fitness.
- Find someone that understands and knows how to improve in your sport or activity.
There are experts and people in the know everywhere. Hire a personal trainer, or a coach to help you. Read books and articles to educate yourself. Whatever you do, get a good plan and stick to it. Also remember to change things up every so often to keep your body in a state of shock…you will get better results. Finally ASK questions. Don’t be afraid to ask people what they are doing, where they got their plan and where they got their information. You will learn a lot from others. Just make sure these people get their information from good sources.
Get a plan, and get to it!!