The INCREDIBLE Benefits of Fish Oil.
By a show of hands out there, how many of you are supplementing with fish oil on a regular basis? If you did not raise your hand (play along here) or even if you felt silly raising your hand and you really don’t supplement with the stuff, then you are missing out on one of the best researched, most effective and important supplements on market.
In trying to keep this article brief and not going into a full research paper myself, I will outline the benefits of fish oil. Before I start with the benefits, a quick explanation of what fish oil is might help to start this off in the right direction.
Fish oil is derived mostly from the fatty tissues of cold water, fatty fish such as mackerel, herring, trout, sardines, and albacore tuna. Fish oil is considered an essential fatty acid (EFA) and contains mostly the omega 3 fatty acid. If you haven’t figured it out yet, fish oil is fat. Not to worry though, supplementing with fish oil will not make you fat. On the contrary, you will see that it can actually help you lean up and burn off the fat you don’t want.
With each day that goes by, there seems to be more and more research out there claiming another great benefit of supplementing with fish oil. This is one supplement that is hard to keep up with. Just be doing a quick Google on the stuff, you will see pretty quickly how much has been written about it and how much research has been done. To summarize the gist of what has been written and research in a few words; This stuff is pretty amazing!
Reported Benefits of Supplementing with Fish Oil:
• Fat Loss and improved body composition – Research has shown that fish oil seems to turn on the body’s fat burning mechanism and even better, it was shown that most of the fat loss was in the abdominal region. Yes, your belly fat!
• Fights Inflammation – reduces the inflammation causing substances in the body. Inflammation will kill you eventually. It wreaks havoc on your body and long term health. Not to mention it is responsible for painful conditions around the body. Fish oil can help with muscle soreness and joint pain
• Improves Cardiovascular health –Fish oil lowers triglycerides, reduces the likely hood of blood clots, can lower high blood pressure, reduces the chance of stroke.
• Mental Health – Fish oil has been reported to reduce depression, and elevate the mood. It was even found that fish oil supplementation in children with ADHD dramatically improved their symptoms and in some children, allowed them to get off of all medication for the disorder.
• Healthy Eyes – Fish Oil fights Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma and dry-eye syndrome
• Boosts the immune system
• Can increase sex drive
• Helps with menstrual pain
• Improves digestion
• Fights Osteoporosis
• Helps to prevent cancer
• Lowers the risk of developing Alzheimer’s Disease
• Helps with Asthma
• Helps with Multiple Sclerosis symptoms
• Helps with skin problems – Eczema, and psoriasis
• Helps with Diabetes
• Can lower stress
• Reduces headaches
• Helps with Fibromyaglia
If you read the literature and research that has been done on this supplement, then you can understand how great it is for you, and should be part of everyone’s daily routine. Personally, I have been taking it over 2 years and have noticed amazing changes. As a lifetime sufferer of eczema, since taking it regularly almost all signs and symptoms of it have gone. I feel better day to day with less muscular pain and joint pain…even after lifting heavy weights. I also seem to handle stress better, and am usually in a good mood.
Now with that said, I can’t really attribute everything to taking fish oil, but my bet is that it is making a huge difference on the outside and also on the inside. The evidence is there. Do your own research if you must, but in my opinion, this supplement is a must for everyone and can only bring good things. Besides the fishy burps that some people get when taking this, I really can’t see any good reason not to take it. Of course if you have doubts ask your own doctor and read, read, read!!